The perfect desk setup is important for productivity at work, no matter whether you are working at an office or have a home office. The desk is easily the most critical component of the entire space and should be purchased before anything else. Instead of settling for a regular desk, consider going for a standup desk, also called standing desk, sit-stand desk, or height adjustable desk. As the name suggests, you can sit and stand at will with a standing desk because the height can be adjusted. While other options are available, an electric standing desk is probably better than the rest. Here is a guide on how to buy yours.
An electric standing desk works on electric power. Depending on the model, you can find touch panels or buttons, which allow you to switch between positions. Many professionals swear by electric variants because these are super easy to use and do not make a lot of noise. Standing desks, in general, are often recommended because standing can help burn more calories. Standing more may reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease, metabolic diseases, and obesity. Some people also believe that using such a desk helps in enhancing productivity.
How to buy one?
- Start with features. With electric standing desks, you would want more features, including preset programs and alarms. Check how quickly you can shift positions, which determines the speed of the desk.
- Check the height range. All standing desks are adjustable only within a range, and if you are someone who is taller or shorter than most people, this factor will matter for your choice.
- Set a budget. In general, electric standing desks cost more than standard ones. We would recommend that you set a budget in advance. At the least, expect to pay $200 or more for a good desk, depending on features and if tabletop is included.
- Usage. There is no point of having a desk that requires extensive work. With an electric variant, you should be able to use desk smoothly. Check if the product is easy to use based on directions.
- Weight capacity. Sometimes, the tabletop may not be included, so the weight capacity of the electric standing desk is important. For example, if you want to have two monitors or loads of files, you need a sturdy desk.
Check online now and figure out the best electric standing desk for your budget!